Primary hard drive not showing data on it...

Hello every one! My computer drive E is not showing data and from properties it is shown that data is still there and occupying space. This problem started two days ago when i started my pc and when i opened E there was nothing shown and before it was working properly... kindly help me....

Use A43 File Manager. This is a replacement for Explorer.

Your files are still there, probably hidden by malware infection

at the CMD prompt type these

E:
CD /
ATTRIB -S -H /S /D

ATTRIB -S -H /S /D

not ATTRIB S /H /S /D. If your drive is assigned as drive F, replace E: by F: on the above commands

Have you tried A43?

also try to run CHKDSK on all drives: at the CMD prompt type

FOR %A IN (C D E F G) DO CHKDSK %A: /F

Maybe try booting the computer using one of those Linux live CD and see if the data can be accessed? If so, then backup whatever is important from drive E to another HDD, then proceed w/ troubleshooting. I have wiped a HDD in the past by mistake while troubleshooting, but that was after everything was backed up. Nothing was lost, other than time. Just a thought.

k i will try this thing as a last option bcoz LINUX is not user friendly so it takes lot of time and sometimes u lost every thing... for that backup is important.....

Try EASEUS Partition Manager

Launch the program, select your faulty HDD and check its partition

k i will try this thing as a last option bcoz LINUX is not user friendly so it takes lot of time and sometimes u lost every thing... for that backup is important.....
Knoppix is a fairly simple and safe Live CD Linux variant you can use. See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]. See section 2 for creating the Knoppix CD

Also try Explorer XP.
> It will show you all folder sizes. Drill down in folders to see what's there
> I believe it shows hidden files as well (as an experiment, i just created a file and set its "hidden" attribute - but i could see it with Explorer XP)

Back