TechSpot

Printer all-in-one

By woodgreen
Oct 27, 2009
  1. I uninstalled & reinstalled our photosmart C4180 printer all-in-one. I'm trying to print labels. message comes up- paper mismatch. It prints on a 8 1/2 X11 blank sheet of paper, but not the labels (correct size).

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

First confirm you have the correct drivers for your HP Printer
    Keep your printer plugged in and turned on, then go HERE and "Start Detection"

Once confirmed, and possibly after Restart (Windows likes to restart after any driver install)
    Then go to your Printer settings and check your Paper Size is correct

3. woodgreen

woodgreen TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 71

Thank You for your help. I found out I had 2 problems.

I went where you said.. I downloaded the correct driver. It still didn't print.

Then I went to = http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1141647

and to = http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1141647&lang=en

& did this= In the Name box, type a name for the paper size you are using. For example, if you are printing 101.6 x 203.2 mm (4 x 8 inch) envelopes, type something like 4x8 envelopes .
    NOTE: You must enter a custom size name in the Name box; otherwise the Save button appears unavailable when you try to save the setting.

My custom labels finally printed. Thank You so much for helping.

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Thanks for letting me know
    I've also bookmarked those links in case anyone else asks a similar question

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.