Printer not printing =(

iamaphoenix

monsieurs et madames

I have a printer which ive used for a couple years now (epson workforce 610) and suddenly it stopped printing...

whenever i tell it to print something it gives me the screen in the bottom right witht he printer the printing bar etc, but the bar never moves, the printer never makes a sound, and eventually i get an error message saying the document failed to print. nothing else..

i dont think its driver related, since i doubt the printer magically updated, and it connected to the wireless network bc i can "use" it on another computer. however the other computer has the same issue with documents failing to print.

any ideas, thoughts, or solutions would be greatly appreciated - iap

if it has conked out, you might as well buy a new one. printers are dirt cheap.... I really don't know anyone who actually repairs them.....

i wanted to know if it was a software problem that can be easily fixed, if its not, then i will probably buy a new one, but any dollar i save is less time i have to work.... (yes i know 100-200 is doable, but id rather not)

There is a bad history with the symptom you describe on certain Epsons... Have seen this same problem a lot among our customers and clients.

We second Tedster's advice... easier and less anxiety that trying to fix it... when they often just don't fix... Unless, of course, you have a drawer full of new cartridges.

Sometimes Epson will supply an identical or similar Epson printer that uses the same Ink for very little cost. But it it is more than a year out of warranty, you are probably had.

Back