Printer not printing =(

By iamaphoenix
Dec 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. monsieurs et madames

I have a printer which ive used for a couple years now (epson workforce 610) and suddenly it stopped printing...

whenever i tell it to print something it gives me the screen in the bottom right witht he printer the printing bar etc, but the bar never moves, the printer never makes a sound, and eventually i get an error message saying the document failed to print. nothing else..

i dont think its driver related, since i doubt the printer magically updated, and it connected to the wireless network bc i can "use" it on another computer. however the other computer has the same issue with documents failing to print.

any ideas, thoughts, or solutions would be greatly appreciated - iap
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

if it has conked out, you might as well buy a new one. printers are dirt cheap.... I really don't know anyone who actually repairs them.....
  3. iamaphoenix

iamaphoenix Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 56

i wanted to know if it was a software problem that can be easily fixed, if its not, then i will probably buy a new one, but any dollar i save is less time i have to work.... (yes i know 100-200 is doable, but id rather not)
  4. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

There is a bad history with the symptom you describe on certain Epsons... Have seen this same problem a lot among our customers and clients.

We second Tedster's advice... easier and less anxiety that trying to fix it... when they often just don't fix... Unless, of course, you have a drawer full of new cartridges.

Sometimes Epson will supply an identical or similar Epson printer that uses the same Ink for very little cost. But it it is more than a year out of warranty, you are probably had.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.