Printer Problem

By prosper8
Nov 11, 2008
  1. I recently had a 1 GB ram memory upgrade to my computer which runs Win X P .

I thought I'd plugged everything back in correctly and got a message from my printer, a Lexmark X-75, all-in-one, saying there wasn't a connection from printer to computer.

I uninstalled and re-installed the program, using the X-75 CD ROM and it seemed to be working again, as later that day, I printed out a page I wanted. And have printed several times since.

Today, I tried to make a copy as I've done before, but there in the Control Panel, the Printer file says the X-75 is "ready", but the scanner file has not such wording attached to it. And when I press the copy button, there is no acknowledgement of the copying process at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Copy does not use Windows, it just copies on the printer

Printing works ? You need to just print out a test page to confirm

Scanning? If you are using the scanning software, then you may need to re-install it once again

3 options here Copy\Print\Scan I'm not exactly sure which one is faulty :confused:

Just re-install all Lexmark software
    And possibly use another USB port, or USB cable
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.