Printer Spooler

Kijana

Hi everyone.

Right now I have a problem with two of my pcs. Sometimes when I want to print I get an error message about the printer spooler not started.

The problem is that I have set the print spooler to start automatically, and if it stops coz of anything, it should restart again. But still I have the same problem for the last few weeks.

I have tried scanning for viruses with Eset NOD32, used Malwarebytes, even installed Comodo firewall, re-installed Windows XP Pro and used a variety of online scanners but the problem persists.

I even thought I should upgrade my operating system to Windows 7 but not yet.

Please advice. Thanks.

I've found this a really annoying problem too with XP and an HP printer. I couldn't get it working - same error message. I replaced it with a Canon. After buying another computer I returned to the problem and have both printers working with both computers.

This is what I did, but of course no guarantees. Reinstalling the printer software didn't seem to do anything and as in your case I had the Print Spooler activated under Computer Management in the Control Panel. I uninstalled the printer software. Next, I deleted the folder for the printer from those shown in the Program Files section on Drive C. I went into the Registry, where you have to be extremely careful (run regedit). In HKEY_CURRENT _USER , SOFTWARE I found the entries for the HP printer and deleted them all.

I have free utilities which I use to tidy things up - CCleaner or Glarysoft Utilities. After running these to remove errors I restarted the computer. Finally, I went through the printer installation process. It's been OK since. Good luck.

Back