Problem after cleaning the virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmey

Hi all,
I hope someone can help me.
One of my computers have virus so I set Kaspersky antivirus program and clean it. It did catch the virus and remove them but after I restarted the computer it seem to have gone crazy.
Everytime I run a program it always ask what program I want to run it with and a small window appear with a list of program (Ms Word, Excel, Photoshop Internet Explorer etc.) for me to choose. I no longer can access the Kaspersky or very much every other program even Add or Remove program, MSCONFIG, etc.
I don't know what I should do now. I try removing Kaspersky, no use; then restore, still no use. I think I need to format it but I really want to know what the problem is because I'm afraid that it will happened again and again and I can't keep formating my PC.
Please help.
Thanks,
Rasmey

The first thing that I need you to do for me is to download and install HijackThis for me,

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in its own folder, usually C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. Please don't change the directory as it is necessary to create backups.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete attach the log into your reply.
Do not attempt to fix any item yet.
Do not add anything to the ignore list.
Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

Hijackthis will give me an idea as to what nasty things there are lurking about in your system and will help the both of us get rid of them.

If you have any problems or questions then please post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back