TechSpot

Problem after reinstalling Win XP?

By pw2much
Nov 26, 2009
  1. Hi guys, I'm back with a new one I had to reinstall my winxp sp3 os and afterwards when trying to access some of my programs and the internet I get this message: the requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context. can anyone tell me what that means and why I cannot access any of my programs or some websites and how do i fix this annoying message, I even have trouble opening programs from a cd they will not run the setup exe's.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. pw2much

pw2much TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 110

Thanks for the info,as a matter of fact what happened was the download of the updates did not go through the first time I when I re-installed the OS so when I clicked on windows update and there were over 54 updates that told me the updates didn't install during the installation probably because I'm using dial-up at this time for temporary purposes,again thanks.The problem resolved itself!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.