Problem Burning Audio To CD With Vista/WMP 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageOfTheWabash

I just bought a new laptop. Nice rig, Vista OS, 2 gigs ram, 256 meg dedicated, [1 gig shared] Nvidia GPU. The processor is a little weak, 1.5 dual core. I am also running Windows Media Player 11 for the first time.
All of my music lives on an external hard drive. Ripped to the external hard drive with windows XP using another computer at an earlier time. I connected the external to the laptop and put the music folders into WMP 11 manually by drag and drop. A few CD's were ripped to the C:/ drive on the laptop. Everything appeared to be working fine. I can manipulate the music files into play lists. I can play through my home stereo using USB interface. Fidelity quality is great.

However, when I burn any folder regardless of location [E:/ external or C:/ laptop] the discs will play on all computers that I have tried. But will not play on any CD player whether cheap portable or sophisticated stereo component.
Further, All of the above mentioned CD players worked fine with WMA, MP3 CD's burned with Windows XP and WMP 9.

A friend at work examined one of the errant CD's, examining the file path contained on the CD. He says that the file path is too deep for any player to read. However any computer can easily read a complicated file path.
I don't remember the actual file path but it looked something like;
E:/ some folder/some folder/some folder/ the file

Has anyone else experienced such a problem, does my friend's explanation sound correct, what can I do to fix it.

I would like to give give vista a chance but audio is my thing and I will not work with an OS that degrades my enjoyment or increases my frustration level. I do audio to relax not to be tormented.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I wanted to be clear.

Update;
I have discovered that I am able to burn readable CD's using Roxio's Basic CD Creator. Windows Media Player 11 still will not burn readable CD's. which would suggest that the problem is with WMP 11.

Any Help?...

hmm ive used WMP11 a few times, im running vista on my laptop, but i dont recall having that problem with burning.
i personally gave up on WMP a while ago. i too keep all my music on an external HD. i use winamp for playback, and use itunes cause i have an ipod, and i use it to edit tags and burn cds.
sorry im of now help, but i will bump this for you.

Was any copy protection enabled during the ripping process ? I know WMP is choke full of such securities & even more when running on Vista.

Atwoooood, Thanx for the reply. I am looking elsewhere for an answer. If I find one I will update this thread. I guess audio manipulation is not as popular as other applications such as video and gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back