Problem connecting HD DVR to my network

Status
Not open for further replies.

nighthawk5556

I've recently connected a Directv HR21-700 to my router to use on demand. I've hard-wired an ethernet cable from the dvr to port 2 of my router. The light on my DVR port is on, and the light for port 2 on my Linksys WRT54G router is constantly blinking as if active.

When I try to connect via the onscreen DVR menu it almost immediately says it cannot connect. I've tried rebooting, unplugging, and starting everything up in different sequences, yet it never connects.

I recently wrote down all my network info from my desktop, and manually entered everything into my DVR 'advanced set-up'. It checked all info as 'ok' then said the network was connected, but connecting to the internet failed with error 22. I'm hoping someone here has maybe had this problem. Thanks for ANY advice.

According to a spec I see for this device, it has two Ethernet ports so that you can stack these devices without the use of a router. That brings to mind two potential solutions: 1. Try the other Ethernet port on the device to connect with the router. 2. Try to disable any routing function in the device that might conflict with the actual router that you are using. Hoipefully, either the documentation or their tech support can help you with that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back