Problem connecting to Internet with Linksys router

Status
Not open for further replies.

akudilek

Hi everyone, hoping to get some help with my problem...

I've got a Linksys WRT54G router that I am having an issue with. It seems that, whether I am connected wireless to my router, or with a cable, I can't connect to the internet. The little wireless icon in my bottom tray tells me that I am connected to my network, but no dice with the internet connection. I've tried to do everything I can think of (reset, plug and unplug cables, etc) but still can't seem to get the problem fixed.

Thanks for any help witht his problem.

Hi everyone, hoping to get some help with my problem...

I've got a Linksys WRT54G router that I am having an issue with. It seems that, whether I am connected wireless to my router, or with a cable, I can't connect to the internet. The little wireless icon in my bottom tray tells me that I am connected to my network, but no dice with the internet connection. I've tried to do everything I can think of (reset, plug and unplug cables, etc) but still can't seem to get the problem fixed.

Thanks for any help witht his problem.

hi there

check your tcp/ip settings by running ipconfig from a command prompt. paste the output here and we can take it from there.

regards

Hi.
Can you do the following and attach the file that will be created on your desktop please.

Start--Run
Then type this;
cmd /c ipconfig /all >Desktop\ipconfig.txt

Or you could try running the network wizard again and that might sort it for you.

Here's what I've got.

hi there

those are WAN settings on a LAN adaptor - strange

try setting the ip address manually for your LAN adaptor with the following:

ip: 192.168.1.10
subnet: 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.1.1

dns: 64.59.135.135 and 64.59.128.120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back