Problem connecting to Internet with Linksys router

By akudilek
May 18, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone, hoping to get some help with my problem...

I've got a Linksys WRT54G router that I am having an issue with. It seems that, whether I am connected wireless to my router, or with a cable, I can't connect to the internet. The little wireless icon in my bottom tray tells me that I am connected to my network, but no dice with the internet connection. I've tried to do everything I can think of (reset, plug and unplug cables, etc) but still can't seem to get the problem fixed.

Thanks for any help witht his problem.
  2. Lanarkshire IT

Lanarkshire IT Newcomer, in training Posts: 54

hi there

check your tcp/ip settings by running ipconfig from a command prompt. paste the output here and we can take it from there.

regards
  3. account73

account73 Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

Hi.
    Can you do the following and attach the file that will be created on your desktop please.

Start--Run
    Then type this;
    cmd /c ipconfig /all >Desktop\ipconfig.txt

Or you could try running the network wizard again and that might sort it for you.
  4. akudilek

akudilek Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Here's what I've got.
  5. Lanarkshire IT

Lanarkshire IT Newcomer, in training Posts: 54

hi there

those are WAN settings on a LAN adaptor - strange

try setting the ip address manually for your LAN adaptor with the following:

ip: 192.168.1.10
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway 192.168.1.1

dns: 64.59.135.135 and 64.59.128.120
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.