Problem displaying 3DS Homepage in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

40 oz.

Whenever i visit or start IE6 on 3DS as my homepage, the page defaults to the news listed on Feb 8, 2002 and i can't view any news after that date. I've tried setting the page settings in IE to updated every visit to the page but the news still doesn't update. Some help would be much appreciated.

Specs:
Win2k Pro
Athlon 1.2
I will KA266-R

:wave: :wave: Welcome to 3D Spotlight Forums :wave: :wave:

You can try deleting all temporary internet files, and cookies of that sort. Mabye the problem is in there.

Only when displaying www.3dspotlight.com does this problem occur. All other websites update like tweak3d.net, the news updates when i visit the page. I tried deleting the temporary and cookie files already in the options box and the problem still happens. I also tried the voyager browser with 3ds homepage and its the same problem. Could it be something with dns or my router? I can see the news fine at school or on someone else's computer, but it just doesn't update on mine.

yeah voyager is independent of IE and loading the homepage still displays news from feb 8, 2002.

Sounds like an ISP problem to me... I remember that has happened to me once or twice ever since I opened 3DS. Are you using a proxy btw? Not that proxy is screwing you up but for some reason your ISP is opening a local cached page or something like that.

I'm using comcast cable connection and i haven't installed any of their software, so i don't believe that i'm using proxy. My friend uses the same connection but I can see updated pages at his house and we're both behind a firewall.

GAh just found out i was behind a proxy, when i turned on auto detect settings for IE6 it displays at the bottom of the window "detecting proxy settings" Any way to turn this off?

Originally posted by ldogg
Have you tried Opera? It's a much more fun browser (in my opinion). Try an alternative to all the sloppy Microsoft products, you might like it better.

http://www.opera.com/

It's sad isn't it Idogg, I remember when Netscape was cool too....ohh those days are gone....I may try opera again. Is it )opera) compatable with XP ?

Originally posted by boeingfixer

It's sad isn't it Idogg, I remember when Netscape was cool too....ohh those days are gone....I may try opera again. Is it )opera) compatable with XP ?

Im a big fan of Opera..It is a very fast browser with alot of good features. I use it primarily in Linux.

Opera should be compatible with XP, my roomate has uses Opera with XP, but another of my friends can't get it to work on XP, so you'd have to try it.

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
Sounds like an ISP problem to me... I remember that has happened to me once or twice ever since I opened 3DS. Are you using a proxy btw? Not that proxy is screwing you up but for some reason your ISP is opening a local cached page or something like that.
That happened to me when the forum software changed.

i just got on my other computer connected to the same connection as this one, cept that computer has the updated page of 3ds news but this computer is still stuck on the Feb 8th news. Any suggestions?

I figured out the problem finally, it was the HOSTS file in windows with a bunch of ip addresses for quicker browsing and access. Once i deleted all the ip addresses in the file all webpages load fine and the 3ds main page now updates with no problems. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back