Problem has been decected and window had been shut down to prevent damage to your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi every one,

i am having HP Pavallion dv666us with 160 GB SATA hard drive and 1 GB RAM, having 2 operating system Vista (Pre installed) and Xp (installed by me).

i got blue screen error message in xp.

"problem has been detected and window has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer "

STOP 0x0000008E and

stop 0x00000000a

and then i am not able to load any of operating system, i had tried to recover using recovery manager (f11) and recovery disc created when i got laptop, but nothing seems to work, in every process i am getting blue screen.

i tried to start using f8 (safe mode) but every thing goes to end up in "blue screen error".

I had been chatting with hp support they told me to run BIOS hard drive test utility, i had also done that it shows message (#10000)-->> PASSEd in Quick, SMART and Comprehensive test.

now hp people are asking me to order new recovery CD from them to recover the OS when another hp support person is telling me that My hard drive is gone. The new hard drive would cost me around $459.

what should i do, i called hp poeple they told me, they can support me if i pay $49 for 1 month and $99 for 1 year package of technical support by phone.

can any one suggest me what to do.

i have gone through so many forums and post for this type of problems, all are with HP and Compact PC, also those person says that after spending money for recovery or hard disk problem is not still resolved, so i cant trust on HP persons at all.

i can only say that please dont buy HP laptop's. Once warranty is over they will not support you any more, they directly ask you to buy recovery CD without figure out the issue with laptop.

any one knows the solution,

thanks for reading.

No, no, no on the harddrive purchase! HP makes very good laptops but they like the rest charge astronomical prices like the one you've been quoted (so I wasn't yelling at you; it is this kind of pricing that sets my teeth on edge). If it is the harddrive you can get a new one from such places as NewEgg.com for $300 less or so.

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers.

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are particularly a strong indicator of corrupted memory.

We're going to approach this a different way. The first thing we'll do is run Memtest on your memory to see if it is bad. The good rthing about this test is that it is free, perfectly safe, and it engages as soon as your system boots up.

See this link and follow it step by step: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

See reply #21 by kimsland for some visual instruction.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

solution to problem of blue screen error

i tried to do memtest and it failed for pass 1 and 2 , so i thought that something is wrong with my RAM, so i opened Laptop and took one slot and tried memtest again with only 512 chip, i got memtest pass and i install ubuntu Operating System. so now issue is resolved.

I got recovery CD for 26$, the original cost of Cd is only 12$, but they dont told me that rest of charge is of Shipping, so waste of money in shipping.

as far as HP is concern i got technical phone support for 1 year for 99$ and still they tell me that my hard drive is gone. and i asked them to give me hard ware support they told me they dont support for dec-2007 model, when the another technician was asking me to perfrom all test on my PC,

I ask HP, they only support for 2008 model which is under warranty of 1 year. after that no support only money taking business.

HP support is not concurrent at all , every time you call you will get different solution after talking with them for 1 hr, some time i was hanged up in infinite call , after that technician gone.

i dont want to tell anything more for HP, but Moral of story is dont buy HP product, even if you get at lower price, once your Pc is not working you will be in mode to only spend money, and their support is not supportive at all.

if you got any blue screen error 8e code, test your RAM or hard disk, open your PC and try to troubleshot by replacing with another one, go to any tech forum, you will get help by same peers.

also BART PE is also good diagnostic tool , try to boot from it, if it shows your hard drive partitions that means your HDD is fine.

there is also one solution i can suggest you, when you got any hardware failure, try to get hardware warranly from your brand like HP, Dell, say them my Pc wokring good, and once you get it, try to replace your part, this what they expect for getting money from consumers. dont directly call them and give your P/N and S/N and problem.

thanks,
Nirupama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back