Problem I can't seem to solve help please

By Liske
Jul 23, 2008
  1. Hello this is the first time ive used this website and thank you in advance.

My farther downloaded some spyware programs thinking they would delete so called spyware "on the computer". Anyway ive tryed many diffrent things deleted most of the virus(s) and is now left with signs of it showing when on a internet brower appearing and stopping me from accessing websites and telling me i have spyware, i have fun ccleaner,AdwareSE, Blocked the viruses from running on Zone Alarm and scanned with AVG free, ive used Hijack this Auto problem showing on another website but still this problem remains it has disabled most of my start menu (Including log of,run, computer and all programs but this has now been fixed and displayed a "VIRUS ALERT" next to my clock which has now also been fixed the virus doesnt seem to restart these problems when i reboot.)
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

I can start you off, but another helper will have to help you run the additional programs. Unfortunately, he made it worse by downloading the malware programs that were giving 'less than accurate' reports.

Please reopen Hijack This and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below:
    Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis. Reboot into safe mode.

Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete these folders (if present):
    After that, Reboot, and post a new HijackThis log here in a reply

FYI: that 02 entry is: Adware downloader causing false spyware warnings and connecting to rogue "security sites", a member of the Trojan-Downloader.Zlob.Media-Codec aka NewMediaCodec malware family

Trojan.NewMediaCodec is a program that typically purports to be a needed upgrade to Windows Media Player in order to view adult oriented videos on certain websites.
    Spource: Castlecops
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.