TechSpot

Problem installing

By B3nd3r
Dec 28, 2006
  1. Hello all,

I am having a problem doing a clean install of WINXP onto a 200gb Maxtor 7,200 SATA hd.

Current problem:
    I am pressing F6 at the install screen and loading the drivers for my sata/raid that I downloaded from my MB's (Gigabyte) website. I get the screen where I press "s" and then choose the drivers from the floppy. Windows continues to load the preliminary files. I get to screen asking which partition (i already partitioned the drive) to choose. I choose the partiton, a few screens flash and then I get a message stating "Setup cannot copy the file: si 3112r.sys". If I try to skip the files, the setup continues, the pc reboots, I Get the WINXP loading logo and then a blue screen showing "***STOP 0x0000007b

Things I have tried:

I have tried drivers from the cd that came with the motherboard and updated from the website.

I think if I can get the files to copy I wouldn't get the blue STOP screen upon reboot.

The drive appears to be good. I was able to use it as a storage device when booting from another hard drive into windows. I also copied 30gbs of files to 1 of the partitions on the SATA hard drive.

I also wiped out the partition and formatted the drive numerous times.

I tried both BASE and RAID setting in BIOS. Also tried setting the jumper to 1.5gbs setting on the drive itself.

Any Ideas?

Thank You,
    B3nder

2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

Please do not post twice ! Be patient someone will find your problem and assist.

3. B3nd3r

B3nd3r TS Rookie Topic Starter

Accident

I accidently pressed the enter key on that message while i was rewording the subject line of the thread. I would have deleted this thread all together if possible. Thats why i reposted with a more descriptive subject. I'd rather only have 1 thread for this anyway. Its easier to respond and read suggestions if theres only 1 thread.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.