Problem loading XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

I am hoping one of you guys can offer some words of wisdom as my poor little brain id bereft of ideas right now.
I have a pc which was constantly rebooting, I checked the usual things and the hard drive was defective so have replaced it. I have since tried loading windows on to it but it keeps rebooting part way through copying files from the cd on to the hard drive. When I have been there watching it it seems to stop at the same file on the disc, I have used this disc on a couple of machines since this incident and have loaded XP without a problem, so assume the cd is OK.
I have tried a new PSU, memory and cd-rom but still have the same problem with it rebooting while copying files.
I have tried everything I can think of right now so am hoping one of you guys can figure out what is going on here.

Make sure that the CD is okay, replace the data cables in your system and try another PATA/SATA host adapter if possible.

Thanks Zenosincks, I have replaced PATA cables, I think there were 2 other ide sockets on the mobo so will try those, see if it helps.

There are many reports of a constant rebooting condition if you have an AMD processor and have downloaded SP-3 for WXP

lostboyzstang, I suggest you post your question separately and not highjack this thread. I know it's not intentional but trying to answer two different questions in the same thread can quickly become confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back