Problem on burning DVDs, but CD-R is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried burning DVDs with my Samsung SE-164, which burns DVDs. I am running Windows XP. I also downloaded the latest firmwares off the samsung's website.

Weird thing is I downloaded a driver that was close named to this SamSung SE-164L, there wasn't no plain ones when i downloaded off the website.

I keep getting this error when i try to burn (it stops around 16%):
Code:
1:08:20 AM	#36 SectorVerify 20 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 11136
	Read errors from sector 128560 to 128655

1:08:20 AM	#37 Phase 81 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1762
	Data verification failed

Here is the Nero Log File to help you figure it out. Thank you very much!

* Couldn't post the log file cuz post couldnt handle more than 1,000 words. So I uploaded it on my website so you can check it out http://www.LakersUp.com/Log.txt

That is an old drive. Optical drives last about a year. That Samsung has two lasers, and one can burnout, leaving the other working. This makes you think you have a different problem.... but since such drives are so inexpensive, get an LG, Samsung, Plextor, Yamaha, or Pioneer at your neighborhood store... such as Wal-Mart Best Buy or online... but avoid Sony, HP, HLDS, LaCie, Acer, ASus... as they are less reliable.
You can expect to pay $29 or less for a cd burner, or $59 or less for a DVD burner.

well what type of nero software are you using?

i am using nero OEM 6 with nero express 6 and nero showtime 2
no problems sofar.

but like raybay says you might need a new burner:(

What type of DVD R are you using? DVD-R? DVD+R?

DVD-R makes problems with Movies but dvd+R are best!

Well then i guess its your drive... Or, You could 'Downgrade' to a earlier Driver to see if that would work. in most cases, like this one, you should do something like that. thats the many problems with my computer, some of my hardware dosn't work so i have to downgrade or reinstall the older driver!
Not My Video Card Tho!!

try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back