Problem repairing Windows XP install

By Lujesa
Jul 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THank you in advance.
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

There a way you can find on the web to add files to an install disk I had this problem once, and got it solved, unfortunately it took 45 minutes for me to edit many many files to get it to work, because I was such a noob, let me see what I can find.
  3. 0mega9401

0mega9401 Newcomer, in training Posts: 75

i kinda have a problems like this but... just go ahead wipe your drive with dban, then run xp again and you should be fine on a nother note i cant get usb 2.0 drives to work it says their a low speed something.... and i sp2... so im not sure why this is happs. is there anyway to get these stupid usb drive to work like they should usb 2.0
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,267   +149

Don't know if this is the same reason but your problem sounds identical to the situation you'd find if you tried to access the System Volume Information on your current drive partition (normally it is set to keep you out and you see file size 0)

1. Select the folder and right click for Properties
    2. Select Security tab
    3. Check if your userid is defined and if permissions are assigned giving the id access to the folder
  5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,267   +149

Hey Omega!

Are you sure you are using a USB 2.0 cable?
  6. 0mega9401

0mega9401 Newcomer, in training Posts: 75

lol yes im sure! ahhhhh ((chuckels)) this is just a driver problem
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.