Problem running games

Hi, I have been having problems playing Runescape on my (crappy) computer. I wanted to ask someone to see if there is any way i can rectify the problem.

My system specs: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01852859 (Just a website that shows all my system specs)

Basically, this computer is a wal-mart computer. A Black Friday Bargain. But despite that, I've not had problems running games (that I know I should be able to run) until I got to Runescape. In fact, this computer can run WoW perfectly fine (On "performance" settings of course :p) but it can't seem to run a simple browser-based game any higher than 5FPS.

I'm here to ask if there is anything i can do (hardware-wise) to upgrade this computer to help run the game, while spending the least money possible. I know that the graphics card sucks, but I don't really care about running popular high-end games right now. And I know that the card sucks because its integrated. And I know I'm posting in the Motherboard section. But I was told to download a program called "GPU-Z" that basically monitors what parts of my computer are being used when I do certain things. While running Runescape, it says my Graphics card is at 0% and my CPU is doing all the work. Apparently this means the CPU or something is "bottlenecking" my graphics card and it isn't even doing any work at all. So I wanted to see if it really is a CPU problem and not a graphics card problem.

Another hiccup is that my computer apparently only has 250W power supply, which is terrible. Is it even possible to upgrade my computer's hardware without buying a new power supply? I know they can be pretty expensive.

Anyways, thanks for the help, I'm kind of sporadic in this post, I am just really tired. Haha

The computer can handle only 4GB of DDR2 667MHz memory max. Your only real option is to buy a PCIe X16 DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 video card... The power supply may or may not support the video card though

Back