Problem Today with Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdms96825

Today I got a message that there was a Windows Update (55.1 Mb). It was Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706). It shows it was installed --

Installation date: ‎1/‎28/‎2009 5:12 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

This service pack upgrades all Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition instances and components to Service Pack 3 (SP3). If you need additional installation options, you should download this service pack at the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 955706.

However, even though I restarted my computer twice, my Windows Update notification still comes on and tells me I need to download this.

Is it downloaded and installed?
If so, then why do I keep getting the notification?
How can I fix this?

You can go to Controle Panel > Add/Remove programs and verify that "KB95570" is installed. Then click the windows update icon (yellow shield) and select the manual install option. Uncheck the update (KB955706) and click on OK. This should prompt you with the option to never show this update again. Hope this helps!

Thanks Jeremy, but when I go to control panel, there are numerous listings for Microsoft SQL but I don't see any way of finding out whether this particular one is installed. Is there any way to have control panel identify the date of installation? Thanks.

Not to my knowledge. Check C:\Windows and see if you have an uninstall folder listed with that number. It should look somthing like "$NtUninstallKB955706$". If you see that the update "Should" be installed and you can take the steps to hide it. Remember at any time you can go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and view previously hidden updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back