Problem while connecting pen drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi frienz i have a problem with my PC Hardware, i dont know exactly in which part the problem is. If you have a solution then plz try to tell me.

1. Each time when i connect pen drive to pc while booting, pc get restarted.
I am facing this problem from last 3-4 months.

2. Now its a second problem held 2 days before. i have connected pen drive after logging screen, and suddenly all screen becomes black and only stedy mouse pointer is visible. i have restarted the pc. From that moment my pc is not booting nor giving responce to any process. i have changed the CMOS, also replaced the RAM. All pc fans are working properly, CD drive is working properly, keybord lights are not blinking and monitor is going in power saving mode. Its not a S/W problem.
plz help me if you can.
Thx.

Sounds to me like you may have had an electrical short on the usb port and you may have done some damage to your motherboard. I would strip down your pc to the basics, i.e motherboard, cpu, ram and then load bios, if that works try adding a hdd and so on, only add 1 h/w item at a time to try and identify the fault. Before all that though just check you have put the CMOS jumper back correctly and it isnt still in the clear position.
Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back