Problem with 2 Operating Systems

jarko

Hi,
I have a computer with two OS (First Windows 7 x64 and second Vista x64)
I was out of my hometown, and I didn't use my computer long time. Now, I'm back and when I tried to use my computer, first OS - Win 7 started without any

problem but when I tried to start Vista, after green screen, I've got inside Windows but nothing was there. I saw a mouse cursor which I even can move it,

but it is only one thing which I can do it.
When I tried to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete button, I'm getting "Task Manager" and when I put a word "Explorer.exe" in the "File - New Task," I'm getting somehow

inside a Window.
I tried few things to fix it, but really I don't have any idea what I supposed to do to fix my Vista.
When I've got inside Windows, I got few messages:

1. Something about rundll32.exe ( when I open "Task Manager - Processes" there were a lot's of rundll32 processes opened,

2. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,

3. The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll,

4. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,

5. The procedure entry point K32GetModuleBaseNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll,
There are SM Bus Controller and Realtek PCIe FE GBE Family Controller missing, and for sure I need to update few things, but I'm not able to do anything,

even if I have a driver still it doesn't let me to install it.

and I've got some report:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002C6DECD
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 00000000BAD0B138
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
D:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042313-03.dmp
D:\Windows\temp\WER-74194-0.sysdata.xml
D:\Windows\temp\WER6ED8.tmp.version.txt

Lower version worked better means you don't have enough ram or ram become faulty, other wise use 7 only because up gradation from 32 to 64 makes the conflict about ports to communicate hence your memory allocated twice then some how your machine confused about resource allocation. Hope you upgrade your ram and use only one operating system.

Errors like these
1. Something about rundll32.exe ( when I open "Task Manager - Processes" there were a lot's of rundll32 processes opened,

2. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,

3. The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll,

4. The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll,
clearly identify that a program that is accessing NTDLL.DLL is out of sync (ie wrong maintenance level) with the DLL.

You should be able to use the Eventvwr.MSC to find the event which discovered this. Now find the program and get the latest update to it.

Hi,
Jobeard there is problem that I cannot install anything. There are SM Bus Controller and Realtek PCIe FE GBE Family Controller missing, and for sure I need to update few things, but I'm not able to do anything, even if I have a driver still it doesn't let me to install it.
I tried few things to fix it, but really I don't have any idea what I supposed to do to fix my Vista.

In the end I'm getting a message:

"Your user profile was not loaded correctly!
You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
changes you make to this profile will be lost when you lod off. Please see the event log for details "

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002C6DECD
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 00000000BAD0B138
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
D:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042313-03.dmp
D:\Windows\temp\WER-74194-0.sysdata.xml
D:\Windows\temp\WER6ED8.tmp.version.txt

P.S.
The Drive D: is this one with Windows Vista

Hi,
Can You tell me how to use Eventvwr.MSC?

I'm getting inside a Windows but I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete button to get "Task Manager" and when I put a word "Explorer.exe" in the "File - New Task," I'm in Windows with icons on the screen, with Start Menu, with access to open my computer but the Windows still is not perfect I cannot update anything, I cannot install anything, because I don't have update network driver I'm not connected to internet and the most important when I restart everything is like before. It means I have to start this thing with Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons again.

I found out how to use Eventvwr.MSC. When I tried to go to Event Viewer I've got message:
The procedure entry point EvtIntReportEventAndSourceAsync could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

Hmm - - what a mess - - a real catch 22. Vista is quite old and suggest it is not reasonable to recover it UNLESS you have a system image on CD.

As the other system apparently is ok, boot into it and just use the files on the alternate partition where they already exist.

Hi,

Guys maybe I didn't explain very well my situation. When I choose Windows Vista as a OS which I wanted open I go there and look like I log on but the screen is empty, and I have just the mouse cursor which I can move it.

I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons, and I'm getting to the Task Manager. When I put a word "Explorer.exe" in the "File - New Task," I'm in Windows with icons on the screen, with Start Menu, with access to open my computer but the Windows still is not perfect. I cannot update anything. I cannot install anything I cannot get the Internet because I need to update my Ethernet driver. I download on my friend's computer every major driver which I need to update, and I put them on usb stick but when I try to install them on my computer, every time installation process is stopped, and I'm not able to install or fix anything. I'm so upset because looks like I have Windows working, but something is missing there and it doen't let me to go farther.

P.S.

In the end of login in the Windows always I'm getting a message:

"Your user profile was not loaded correctly!
You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you lod off. Please see the event log for details "

In the first post one of your problems is that the entry point getgestureinfo does not exist in ntdll.dll Now getgestureinfo is a Windows 7 specific function and part of user32.dll

So it seems to me you installed some software on Vista which is windows 7 specific and will not work at all on Vista. Since this seems to be executing immediately at boot time, it could be a driver, maybe video driver, or other service. You may even have contrived to apply a MS update for Win7 to Vista, putting a fair number of vital system functions out of synch with the rest of Vista.

As a rule, you would have to prevent the appropriate software from running during boot time. Your best approach would be to roll the system back to a working restore point. By now, you probably don't have one from before your absence, and if not you will be looking at a system repair (install-in-place) using the vista install disk.

The lesson to learn is if you need to run two OS it is doubly important to have a system drive image of both of them. Also you should not keep those drive images on the same physical HDD, even on a separate partition - lose the drive, lose both images .

Back