TechSpot

Problem with a "brand new computer"

By iSyntax
Jan 7, 2010
  1. Good day guys.

I encountered 2 problems with a brand new computer i bought.
    Anyway here are the specs:

2.2ghz AMD Sempron
    1gb ddr2 pc 800
    160gb hard disk
    512mb video card (gForce 7020)

Its running in Windows XP SP3

The problem is.. its just randomly getting frozen.. I dunno what the problem is. i cant figure it out since its brand new and i havent installed so much.

The 2nd thing, after it got frozen and restarted, before i get to boot screen it say's "please choose a proper boot device"..

Sorry im not so good at troubleshooting, and i really need your help guys. Thank you so much in advanced.

@edit Im sorry i guess i posted at a wrong section..

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

Probability is something is up with your HDD ....... you can go in Event Viewer applet (located in adminstrative tools in Control Panel) then check system/applications logs as well to see whether something is causing your system to freeze.

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,457   +228

If it's a brand new computer, isn't it still under warranty? I'd take it back and let the seller figure it out and replace any parts at their expense.

4. Hemantdhyani

Hemantdhyani TS Rookie Posts: 41

hi

As its a new computer why u want to replace the parts- Get it exchanged--

Regards-
    Hemant

5. iSyntax

iSyntax TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah. I think thats the best option to do.

Anyway. Do you guys think there must be a problem with the OS/Drivers installation?

Thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.