Problem with Acer Aspire 5315

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, dont know if anyone can help me, I have a ACER ASPIRE 5315 laptop, I was using it and it shut down and now every time I switch it on it goes to "starting OS/ACER" page, then goes to "system error recovery" page, it asks me to choose system repair or start normally, whichever one i choose it just comes right back to the same page, I have tried to run in safe mode and it takes me straight back to the same page. I have tried to boot from an XP disc to format the hard drive and start again from scratch with a different OS as it is on Vista at the moment but I dont have a vista disk as it came preloaded onto the computer. Does anyone have any suggetions that I can try? Many thanks

How old is the Acer?
Call Acer and ask them to send you the VISTA disk because your hard drive failed... They may charge you $27 with shipping, bu tyou need it.
If you have valuable data on that Acer hard drive, you might want to save it using an external USB case... as you may need to reformat and reinstall the hard drive... if it is working at all.

No way to know at this stage... but you have to protect is as though it is damaged until you know more, when you have valuable data on it... Hard drives are relatively cheap, and recovering data is relatively expensive... If you use a new hard drive and find you don't need it, you have it for backups later.
Laptop hard drives that have relatively minor impacts or bumps while the drive is reading or writing to the drive can cause permanent damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back