Problem with Acer laptop display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to wipe my laptop display with a window cleaning solution and now there's a small transparent wet spot under the display, will that spread or can i dry it with a hair drier?... what can i do now?

If you used Windex, or any solution with Ammonia, you should get that out of there... If it is a small drop, it will take care of itself. But do you really know how much is there, and how much has run to another internal area you cannot see.
It is never a good idea to use a cleaner with Ammonia on a laptop.
There is no easy way to get it out.
The Acer Screen is held together by screws which are covered by rubberized screw covers... and depending on the laptop, there can be as many as 10 to 16 screws. It is very easy to damage those screw covers so that they are ugly ugly when glued back on.
If you have never had a screen apart before, it is best to find some help from somebody who has.

ammonia is harmful to lcd screens in the long run.... get it outta there. don't use a hairdryer - you'll melt the screen. Take the screen apart or have a professional do it. Next time use computer cleaning solvent.

Well, it vaporizes... so you have moisture inside the case that can contribute to corrosion... There are no fans or other devices to move that moisture out... First thing to go will perhaps be the inverter.
Might as well deal with it now, than to let it deteriorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back