Problem with audio drivers Windows XP

Hi, I have a problem with the audio in my computer, I've just installed Windows xp but I lost my audio controllers, I looked for my correspondig driver according to my motherboard and sound card (Soundmax),
but I've tried to install it several times but just when the installation is ending it appears the next message:

"driver not found! default selection will reboot your system and restart
setup. selection of option "no" will abort installation."

I downloaded the drivers from the Intel site but it didn't work and later I found the drivers original CD that came with the PC when I bought it, but it keeps sending me the same message when I'm going to install them, I also tried with Realtek controllers, I follow the installation process but they don't work.

I also looked at the Device Manager but SoundMax doesn't appear, I would be really grateful if someone could give an idea of what to do because I'm out of ideas and I just know the basics of computers, english is not my first language so I hope I explained my problem well enough, thanks!

I have windows xp home edition 5.1.2600 (winxp rtm) Service Pack1
Motherboard: cpu intel pentium 4, 2400 mhz (18 x 133)
motherboard: intel brownsville d845gbv / brownsville 2 d845gebv2 / rexburg d845grg / rexburg 2 d845gerg2
motherboard chipset: intel brookdale-g i845ge, 253 mb (pc2100 ddr sdram)
Sound: analog devices ad1981b(l) @ intel 82801db ich4 - ac'97 audio controller [b-0]

The SoundMax driver I tried to install is the archive: wdm3516b_Cadenza.

Audio: AC97 ADI*
Installs the audio driver for Intel® Desktop Boards with AC'97 ADI AD1885, AD1980, AD1981A or AD1981B codecs

I downloaded it from Intel download center

Back