Problem with Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1nJa

Okay, so I am trying to use bluetooth to transfer a couple of movies to my friends laptop. My discovery mode is turned on, so is his, and both bluetooth switches are on. When I try to add him to my Bluetooth Devices list, it does not recognise him. He does not show up. Same vice-versa. I opperate on a 64 Bit Vista, and he opperates a 32 Bit Vista.
I have read through most of the Bluetooth tips that come with Vista, and so far none have worked.
Right now I am transferring them over a wireless internet connection and it is taking an extremely long ammount of time for a few movie [[estimated 18hrs]

Any tips on how to get the bluetooths to recognize eachother would be great

you're in for a painful stretch of road transferring movies via bluetooth. Your better off setting them side by side and using IR. Or why dont you all just wire into your router and transfer them over a wired connection? it'll be much faster. not to mention the risk of data corruption. I have a movie that was corrupted during transfer and you have to skip through about 10 minutes of it to avoid having it freeze during playback.

Re: Bluetooh
I absolutely agree with brucethetech

Why don't connect to each other over a LAN with a couple ethernet cables and LAN or i believe just a single cross-over cable could also work

Are you using Wifi for you wireless???? As otherwise you like are using yours or their local router for wireless?

ninja, dont mean to sound not understanding and all that, but why are you not using simple stuff's like external drives or flash drives - or even burn the movie on a cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back