Problem with CD ROM Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transform

I have been having issues recently with my CD ROM drive. If I use a disk in the drive the computer will freeze up if left idle too long. In the event viewer I have the following:

Event ID 11: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\D.

I have since disconnected the drive and have had no problems for a couple of days now. Is there a fix for this? It would be nice to use my CD drive again!

Sounds like you might have a failed cdrom drive. If possible try to plug the cable into another available ide or sata connector (depending on how it connects). If you have a ide/sata to usb adapter you might want to try connecting the drive through usb as see what that does. That will rule out a bat ide or sata connection.

I have a Pioneer DVD burner that likes to do this from time to time. I finally got tired of it and replaced it with an LG model. My computer's been happy ever since.

Happened again today. I got this error many times over:

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation.

Looks like my CD-ROM drive is faulty?

Got myself a new DVD drive and its still happening. Is it possible that it could be the IDE connector on the board that is the issue here?

yeah could be...you should check that.

did you touch the drivers by any chance?? that can be a problem too

go check on device manager, and see if the drivers look ok, and if u can, update them and see if that helps :)

yeah thats what I was talking about. so the drivers are ok, then the problem must be in the IDE connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back