Problem with connecting laptop to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaniyak

hi
i am trying to connect my toshiba laptop to my tv. i only hav a usb cable. so my samsung dvd is connected with my tv through scart lead. i thought if i connect the usb cable to my laptop and then to my dvd it should automatically connect to the tv...but it doesnt :(
can any1 help...plz try to work with a usb cable though

thk uu

There is no such thing as a usb to tv cable you would need some sort of adaptor at least something like this

but what output options does your laptop have (vga, hdmi, svideo)? and what inputs does you're tv have

correct they ahve not made video output mode for Usb cable (snickers) but good idea though i would mention that to manufacturere. You have plenty of other options though there is vga-component/composite and probably the msot inexpensive an s-video radioshack, best buy, and or ccity as most newer laptops come standard with s-video out hope this helps

only cost about 10 bucks depending on the quality you want XD

ok guys u c the prob is i dnt understand any of this technical language lol
i have heard of a s-.... cable ting tht u mentionied. however wen i went to buy the cable the guy told me if my dvd player has a usb port then it should work...obviously didnt knw wat he was saying den !!!! i want to try and do this today so can u tel me what other stuff uses a s... watevera its calld cable lol.
thnx 4 helpin tho much appreciated..

my tv is a samsung plasma it does hav a hdmi ting and loads ov others.
my laptop has lyk a blue ting with loads of little holes lol i knw these aint great descriptions i wil try and find images.

yes the tv does have a vga ting lol
so where can i get such a cable any ideas...thnx 4 ur help though!! much appreciated :)

Suppose it depends where you live, if you click the vga cable link in my last post that takes you to ebay costing £2.94 inc postage you could also try maplin, pcworld etc although probably dearer.

Or google cheap vga cable (you want male to male) and see what you find near you

Male to male means both ends need to have the pins (rather than the holes as you can see on the laptop)

So would you rather go into a shop than buy online? If so where do you live/what electric or pc shops are in you're area

yes the vga will give you a better signal anywy as opposed to the s-video but it might not even be necessary if you have a Pc at home (big box computer) it uses a vga cable to connect to a monitor if its not in use unplug that bad boy and use it on your laptop :)

lol i do knw wat a pc is lol but thnx 4 the description anyway :)
my bro took my old computer so dnt hve that unfortunately but thnk u anyway
and thnk u 4 the links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back