Problem with disc drive door on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had the hard drive replaced and more memory added onto my laptop and since i have had it back, the disc door will not click shut nor stay shut. I am having to use tape to keep it closed but i can still use it for it's purposes. How do i fix this headache?????

more than likely you have a plastic tang or latch broken off internally. The only solution is either get the repair shop to replace the drive, or you replace it.

Where do i get the parts and how difficult is it to replace? I am in a new area and cannot find anyone to help me so i am willing to do this myself. Thank you
P.S.
Can you recommend which one i need? I found a place but don't know which one to buy. I want to have the equivalent or better.

you can try ebay or any online store. Ensure you check the reputation of the seller on ebay. I also suggest going to a computer salvage store. I used to run one years ago, but no more.

Always pay with a credit card. If the seller turns out to be dishonest and you can't get a refund, you can charge back with a credit card.

Ensure you know the make and model # of your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back