Problem with Dr Watson/Start Menu in Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidc

Recently I have been having a problem where windows freezes when I try to access the 'All Programs' menu from the Start button.

Any programs which are showing in the Task Bar become inaccessible although the active program/application can still be used/processed.

When I press the Start Button all the icons/links on the Start Menu can be accessed normally except when I press the 'All Programs' link at which stage the 'Start Menu' also freezes.

When viewing the task manager processes list, as soon as I press the 'All Programs' link 2 or 3 'drwtsn.exe' applications appear. As soon as I close these the computer resumes normal use but I still can't access 'All Programs'.

I have done a full anti-virus scan with AVG and the online Kaspersky check where the system is reported as clean. I've also run Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer, Microsoft AntiSpyware, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search and Destroy, CC Cleaner and Hijack This all with no apparent problems.

I have considered uninstalling Dr Watson but thought that I would post the problem here before, in case anybody has a simple (or not so simple) cure.

Anybody have any ideas how to cure the problem?

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back