Problem with DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPromIII

I'm having trouble getting the BIOS to recognize my DVD drive, it comes up in BIOS as the primary slave drive and can't figure out how to get it on the main slot. I have the first connecter on the IDE cable plugged into it and I have it on the top slot.

Is the jumper on the DVD drive in question set to master while the second device (if any) is set to slave?

Not exactly sure what that means, but everytime I deactivate it on the slave and try activating it on the primary it doesn't come up when I go into the BIOS what should I look for? Am I gonna need a harddrive in order to get out of bios?

The jumper is a physical item. It is a very small plastic and metal bridge that is on the back of an IDE optical drive. It has three positions, master, slave and cable select. These positions are marked on the back of the optical drive.

Typically the end connector of the IDE cable goes to the master device while the middle connector goes to the slave and, of course, the other end goes to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back