TechSpot

Problem with Geforce 6200 256 RAM OC

By cletus22
Feb 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently bought a new computer. Its a gateway, AMD Athlon 4600 Duo, 2 gigs of ram, 300 watt power supply, running with windows vista premium. It had a geforce 6150 integrated video card. I replaced it with the card in the title. Now any kind of application that requires video memory simply doesnt work. Even the chess game that comes with the computer, ill make a move, then it locks up, screen goes black, then it unfreezes, and i get an error message saying Display driver (forget what it says here) stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I have the newest drivers that a BFG tech support told me to get, I removed the integrated card in the device manager. Cant seem to fix this issue, starting to think the video card might just be defective. Anyone have a clue what I can try next?
  2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,624

91.47_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql, get these drivers and try them.
  3. cletus22

cletus22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

the drivers I have are 97.46
  4. foozy

foozy TS Rookie Posts: 267

Here are the 32-bit Vista drivers for GeForce 6/7/8800 series GPUs. Or so nVidia says. It's version 100.65.

edit: Also, just to make sure, you disabled the onboard video, right?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.