Problem with Graphic card

By earthworm
Jul 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is my first post on this problem , and would like to share the problem which i had in graphic card

i have inno3d fx 5200 128 mb graphic card , i know its old now , but my i use it for counter strike only , so i dont want to waste money on much fancy card
    anyway

the problem which i had was WHENEVER i use to turn on pc , i use to get blank screen or lines screen , display didnt showed up , so i was like confused whether its problem with mobo or graphic card , i gave the entier cpu for repair and the problem was with the graphic card

the repair man said that my agp card was having problem and he took a new term , know was " Garbage " problem in my agp card , and i was huh ?
    anyway now the card is working fine , so if your agp is having problem displaying , it can be FIXED. So dont loose hope.

:)

EnJoY !
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

Hey earthworm. Welcome to T'SPOT! You may at sometime want to 'upgrade' your machine, or it may break down (hope not). When you go for a new machine someday try to get these two features. Get a dual-core processor and a PCI-e (pci express) graphic setup. Good Luck.
  3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

No one will take the time or the money to fix an agp card slot, for the money of service you can buy a mobo with a pci e slot on it. It wont be the best board but i bet it will run more current cpu's as well
  4. earthworm

earthworm Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

dude i dont like investing much , as in my country pakistan , the price for pc falls like a price of vegetables

if core 2 duo is like 30,000 pakistani rupee , if intel 5 will come the price will fall to 12,000 rupees the next day , thats y i dont like investing too much

:p

i already had many looses in upgrading
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

What is intel 5? I'm confused.

All I'm saying is that its not worth repairing an agp slot, u can get a mobo for 50 usd that has a pci 3 slot on it, and someone will charge you around that much just to fix your agp slot.
  6. earthworm

common , i got it repaired for only 250 rupees like around 3.9 dollars

:p

i told u its cheap
  7. earthworm

in 50 dollars i can get new card

If you want to know the price check this site from where i purchase

http://galaxy.com.pk

its local supplier , and you can convert the price in your currency

click on any section on the left side of the page
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.