TechSpot

Problem with HP Deskjet 810c

By wezz_o
Mar 25, 2008
  1. i have a problem on my HP deskjet 810c printer on my windows xp system, when i try to print a document, it feeds the paper normally and after that it pauses for a while then it starts flashing orange light and then when you press the flashing button it prints symbols like "@@@pp00" etc. then ejects the paper.

I check already all necessary relations to fix this problem, like
    * checking LPT1 ports (printer ports)
    * check normal configuration on the bios (parallel config)
    * check the driver and reinstall it
    * check the printer cables
    * check the printer spooler in control panel
    * check also cartridges and inks

but seems all those things never worked. And what is weired of this is that when i plug in the printer on another computer it prints normally.:(

can someone help me with this problem?
    thanks in advance.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,086   +84 Staff Member

Just to be sure you're using the proper driver, head into the Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Right click your printer > Properties > Advanced Tab > New Driver > Next > Select HP in the list of manufacturers (left) > Select 810c in the list of printers (right) > Ok.

3. wezz_o

wezz_o TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

thanks for your reply

Yes, i've already done that one too, and i really wonder what when wrong,
    im running a test printing in notepad and even in msdos but it does not work on that computer.

maybe i'll just start with virus and disk checking,
    can a virus affect this kind of situation?

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,086   +84 Staff Member

Theoretically, yes, malware can pretty much affect anything if it's coded to.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.