Problem with internet explorer and outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

nork

Seems to be getting worse, so i hope you can help me with this.
Running win xp pro w sp1 and I have run updated antivirus and several antimalware programs in the hopes of fixing this problem but its still here. When i am on the net and click on a link to go to another site it starts to go to the other site but stalls at a white, blank page. I cant even get out of it, cant right click and close it, its just stuck there. The only way to get rid of it is by using task mgr and then "end task" feature. Same thing with outlook express, i click on a link to another site the same thing happens as noted above.Sometimes i can cut and paste the link but i cant just click on it, end up with a blank white page that i cant get rid of. Sometimes the system freezes right up. I can move the mouse around but i cant close anything i have open, nothing. I can open new pages and new folders though. I am running avg a\virus and antimalware, along with spybot and other such progs. Internet is explorer 6 and i am running zone alarm pro, peer guardian. I figure its maybe a setting somewhere but i cant find it or its malware of some type, but cant do any better than that, cant isolate it. Few days ago i tried using "system file checker" but i had to close it because it asked for my win xp pro cd, i put it in both optical drives and i I got a message saying i used the wrong cd. I didnt use the wrong cd as i only have the one. I dont know if this sfc problem relates to the one i am talking about or not. One other thing. Sometimes, the first time i click on internet explorer it wont open, i have to click a few times to get it to open.
Ive changed the batteries on my wireless keyboard and my wireless mouse is working fine as far as i can tell.

Can anyone help me out, please?
thanks

thanks, i will do that.

Just to get here from outlook express i had to copy and paste the url to a notepad doc and copy and paste it to the web

I found the answer. Its so simple i felt i should report this.
there is a small portable program called "toolbar repair.exe". I ran that and problem solved in a few seconds.
You can easily google this program, its free and it doesnt even require an install. I will be including this little gem in my toolkit from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back