Problem with .ISO file

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

i have an ISO file of a dvd but have problems playing it.
i've tried mounting it with Daemon but nothing will play it, and i've tried playing
it with the ever versatile VLC player, only to receive this message,

"No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "mlp ". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this"

is this a problem with codecs for VLC, (i have the latest version), or is it a problem with the structure of the ISO.
i can play the material by mounting it and then searching through the folders to find the video files, but this is inconvenient.

any solutions would be much appreciated,
thanks

The ISO is an image of a disc's playabe surface. i suspect the more likely question is; did you (or someone else) build an ISO image of a copy protected disc. Cause if you did, there's your answer.

Daemon Tools has Emulation options to bypass most copy protection mechanisms. Not sure if it works on video DVDs but it cannot hurt to try.

Download an ISO program and extract the contents. Several come to mind. ISOBuster, MagicISO, PowerISO. These are shareware but if you search you may find freeware. You simply open the ISO and extract the contents much like a ZIP file. If it is DVD you will see a folder called VIDEO_TS that will contain VOB, IFO, BUP files etc.. You may then use DVD playback software to play it as you would any other DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back