Problem with iTunes

jckinnick

The other day out of the blue the itunes desktop icon quit working whenever i click on it, i also tried opening it through all programs and it doesn't open.

I uninstalled it using Revo Uinstaller which also gets rid of all the leftovers, and then reinstalled it but when it gets to the part of the set ups where it takes a little bit of time downloading it zips through and says finished but its nowhere to be found on my desktop.

Anybody help me with this?

merged several posts

Windows XP

I think they are working on my internet because some sites work and some sites don't, that's how it was last time they were working on it. Do you think that could have anything to do with it?

I read that in the task manager you can end the itnues.exe process and it might fix it but its not been working for the past couple of days and ive had my computer on and off since then wouldn't it have ended if i have turned my computer off?

Does processes end once your computer is turned off and on?

Anybody know about the process ending?

Yes it will end with a reboot, or manually turning it off. But iTunes will likely still load a couple things on startup. iTuneshelper, and something else I think.

Have you re-downloaded iTunes from Apple and tried reinstalling?

Yes it will end with a reboot, or manually turning it off. But iTunes will likely still load a couple things on startup. iTuneshelper, and something else I think.

Have you re-downloaded iTunes from Apple and tried reinstalling?

Yeah i completely uninstalled everything Apple related on my computer Safari, Itunes, Quicktime, Bonjour using Revo uninstaller and removing all traces and then reinstalled. I have also tried ending the process and nothing works. Its like its getting hung up or its already running or something, I get an hour glass for a half second and then it disappears.

When i right click on the icon where it says open file folder it just brings up a folder named {2CE5A2E7-3437-4CE7-BCF4-84ED6EEFF9E4} and the contents is 3 pictures one is the picture of the itunes installer icon the other is a rich text file and the last one is what looks like the desktop icon but it is named ItunesIco and all of them will let me view them when i click on them except the Itunes Ico one. It says it is not a valid Windows32 application.

Anybody know where a folder like that would be?

I thought that {2CE5A2E7-3437-4CE7-BCF4-84ED6EEFF9E4} was a registry file i searched my registry and all my normal files for that folder but nothing came up.

There is a folder called InstallSheild Installation Information withing the Program Folder that has folders like that one above but none of the numbers match up. It was also grey out with the hidden box checked.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and when i clicked on the desktop icon it said "windows is configuring itunes" and then it left 2 files the itunes library genius file and the itunes library extras file in my recycling bin.

I had sharepod on my ipod as back up and ive been using it but it i try to open itunes before running sharepod it will stop and say "sharepod will not open while itunes is running" but itunes has never opened its like its running on my computer but never coming up when i click the desktop icon.

Bad image error when opening itunes

After not having Itunes for a couple of months(when i clicked on the icon it wouldn't open and would just sit there trying to load) i finally got it to work when they came out with the latest update around late last December. Ever since then i get three bad image error messages before opening Itunes now.

The three files are DLL files and they are Quicktime3gpd.qtx, Quicktimecapture.qtx, and Quicktimempeg4auothoring.qtx

Back