Problem with monitor after installing new graphic card

ramuhunterz

hello friends,

i brought a new graphic card and installed it in my PC. everything went fine for 3 days, i have played all the high end games without any problem but after 3 or 4 days...the monitor started going into standby mode and some times it shows some gibberish colors on the screen.

Below are my PC specifications.

LG 17" CRT monitor
Processor : Intel Dual core 2.88 GHz.
MOBO : Intel D102GGC2.
ram : 2 Gb DDR2

Graphic card : NVIDIA GT 440 - 1 gB (DDR3) Purchased in September 2011.

I changed the screen resolution from least to max and tried in each instance but with no luck.
I removed the side cover of my cabinet but this did not make a difference.
Formatted the system and installed a new os but that did not help either.
I checked the temparature using Everest software and it showed around 39-40 C always.

Does any one have any inputs on this..

try your old graphics card to ensure that the problem is either in your monitor or graphics card

Hi Skystar

Thanks for your reply. I tried reconnecting the monitor to the normal slot (My board has an inbuilt 128 mb graphic card) and everything works fine i am able to play the old games very well but not the new games as they require higher graphic card versions. When i reconnected my monitor to the graphic card slot the problem appears again with new or old games.. not able to open the games.

@ Teranius : i have'nt tried with other monitors but will give a shot and update you.

Can the power supply be a problem. mine is a 400W PSU?

Not because of a lack of power,unless your parts are drawing more than they are supposed to, and since it works fine with your onboard I'd say that it's not faulty either.

Try it with a different monitor first, and if that doesn't resolve it, try downloading and installing some signed and tested drivers.

if your monitor worked fine on your old graphics card (inbuilt graphic card),then the problem will be either in the new graphics card or the motherboard(in pci express slot)

Thanks again SkyStar..i have removed the graphic card and cleaned the complete CPU with a blower and also cleaned the graphic card with cotton cloth and put it back in the PCI slot as it worked fine for the first couple of days...would there be something else you can think of...i will go to the retailer tomorrow and check with him once....will update you tomorrow or day after on this.

Also i give a try with a different monitor and also by replacing the PSU with a high power PSU like 500W or 600W.

Not because of a lack of power,unless your parts are drawing more than they are supposed to, and since it works fine with your onboard I'd say that it's not faulty either.

Try it with a different monitor first, and if that doesn't resolve it, try downloading and installing some signed and tested drivers.

Thanks for the response Teranius will give a try with other monitor and PSU . I'll update you shortly on my trails.

try your old graphics card to ensure that the problem is either in your monitor or graphics card

Hi Skystar im back again.

I did not get a chance to visit the retailer and i postponed that to this weekend. I tried connecting my monitor to the normal vga slot of my pc and it never turned on. The CPU is working fine and it is booting up without any problem however the monitor led is just blinking and its not turning on (its showing as if it is in sleep mode).

what does this symptom mean?

Seems like the card doesn't want to play nice with PSU. If onboard works then its a video card issue ... physical or software related.. thx gg and gl,

Problem with monitor after installing new graphic card --- [FIXED]

Hello Everyone....

Thanks for all your responses..

I took my cpu to the retailer and the technician has checked the cpu by replacing my two individual 1 Gb RAM's with a single new 1GB RAM surprisingly the games worked perfectly. so the problem is happening with the RAM overheating which is causing the game and monitor to crash.

My system has two RAM slots which can hold a maximum of 1 GB ddr2 RAM in each slot. I came back to home with my old RAM's and tried by placing only 1 RAM in one of the two slots and the game crashed again. When i changed the RAM to the other slot the GAME ran well. I think the whole problem is with the RAM slot and not the RAM. As my MOBO is around 4 years old i think the RAM slots have gone....

However i am happy that i could play the games atleast with 1 GB ram.

Once again Thanks everyone...for your kindness.

I hope this information helps the other guys who have the same trouble.

Thanks,
Ramuhunterz

Good deal. How are you cooling the RAM sinks now ? Did you put a fan in front of them. ? Or open side case. thx gg and gb

Back