Problem with my pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

vellachaitanya

hi all, i'm back with a new problem again:grinthumb:rolleyes:

when i connect my thumb/pen drive or my mobile to my machine through USB port, some times it gives me a problem while safely removing.

it says "this hardware cannot be stopped now" or something similar message pops out.

is this because of any virus or any problem with my USB port?

can some one explain why this is occurring?
this thing happens once in a while not a frequent problem!

This occur only when you try to safely remove the pen drive or mobile device while windows is using it or a windows for itself is open.

This is not a virus just a notification to ask you that you may not disconnect the pen drive as it is in use. If you get that in the future check if you aren't copying something or just if a windows for it isn't open and this won't appear.

@amagnien
ur absolutely right but one thing to notice here is i always make sure that there no copying in progress and i close all open windows which are related to the pen drive or mobile when removing hardware. i tried to see if there is any process that is still using my pen drive in task manager when i encounter this problem. but i didn't find any process that is using this hardware.

Except

Antivirus
Registry tracks
Indexing
Device Manager
And usually Explorer.exe

It's quite normal
Actually there is a way to hot unplug it (no right click->stop) but it can still hurt the drive, so forget it

When this happens to me, I just leave it in there (until shutdown) or sometimes kill explorer.exe, then restart explorer.exe (but it's not clean, ie shutdown preferred)

Yeah kimsland me too I do it but I seen that sometimes windows doesn't detect that the removable disk isn't in use but for windows it is and with an ipod I can know the activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back