Problem with NVidia 5200 Graphics Card!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently been having problems with my computer. For example, when I view pictures with some black in them, in the black part of the area there are lots of red dots , but only in the black parts. I think its not just Black but any dark colours. I also get some different coloured dots on some websites that I visit (Eg. Ebay, This site)
I also get EXTREMELY annoying colour clashes when I play San Andreas, and the same red dots all over the roads and characters in the game. It was never like this before. The colour clash is alot like the one in Vice City, but this one doesnt seem to have a patch to it. Im not sure whether I need to update the drivers again but as far as i know they are up to date (from Nvidia.com) My graphics card is NviDia Geforce 5200

The screenshot gives an idea of what the problem is like on this site as I see it now.

Please help me!
Reguards,
Matthew

can be one of 3 things:

You have a bad driver (most likely)

your CPU and/or memory is failing

your card is failing

run memtest 86+ from a floppy to test memory

ensure you have the latest drivers and BIOS

old is best

I mentioned in another similar topci that the latest nvidia drivers have no updates for the fx series..I have the drivers that came with my cd and it workd dandy..I have tried the latest and they seem to only slow my Pc down and cause BSOD's. I too have an fx5200

As I mentioned in the other 5200 thread, it's not necessary to always have the latest and greatest drivers. If one find one that's stable, stick with it.

Hello, I have installed the older driver directly from the CD that came with the graphics card, but this doesnt seem to have helped. Can anyone point in the right direction of what I need to do next?

My CPU Temperature is 35c. My MPU temperature is 37c. The Sys Temperature is 37c. I dont know whether this will be of any help but I do not know how to measure the temperature of just my graphics card. I dont remember overclocking any of my system. Could my card just be dusty? Also My Monitor is IIyama ProLite E431S if this is of any use.

Shouldnt have anything to do with monitor. If it's dusty, buy a can of compressed air and spray all the dust off. Good luck.

Regards,

Korrupt

Yup, your card could just be dusty. Do you have nvidia display in your quick items? If you do, that might have a temperature tab to get your card's temps from. Could you try the card in another pc and try the monitor with another card? Also, if you are opening your pc you miight as well give us your psu wattage and the amps on the 12v rail (on the psu sticker) rage_3k_moiz mentioned that your problem could also be caused by the card not getting enough power.

Well I took out the card and cleaned it and made it dust-free, but still the same problem, no change at all. There is no Temperature tab or anything of the sort on the Nvidia Options and driver utility. Im beginning to wonder whether the card might just be reaching its end, as the 5200s are a very old series. There is nothing of this sort happening to the newer cards, so Im guessing its just showing its age..

I would change the video card. Its a good time to toss away that 5200 I think...
Also, the game should run better (SA) with a new, faster video card...

Could you check the PSU label and tell us how many amps it pumps on the +12V rail o rails?

From the looks of that GTA screenshot, your video card is overheating.

I had the exact same problem (on the same game) with my Nvid. 5600.

I replaced the tiny stock fan with a large, super cooling fan device, and it's been playing great ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back