TechSpot

Problem with onboard soundblaster live! 24bit

By henryhynd
Mar 16, 2006
  1. Hi there,
    I'm having troubles with a new MSI K8N Diamond motherbaord's onboard soundcard (soundblaster live! 24bit). the problem is THERE AINT NO SOUND! I'm not a computer noob, so i've checked all the basic stuff, including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, checking speakers on another pc, checking around in creative's bundled software... the best i could do was with the EAX console and turning on effects and cms3d (not sure if thats the right spelling or any where close) and i get rear speakers, centre and woofer (5.1 surround logitech x-530 speaker system).

so to recap, I have never heard sound come from the front left or right speakers and in the others only with creative software special features enabled.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of similar or can think of anything that might be the issue... cheers ppl...

2. jonese26

jonese26 TS Rookie

Hey man, don't know if I can help you but i've got the exact same sound card and speakers. Have you tried the creative diagnostics program? Or perhaps the speaker settings aren't set to 5.1... i dunno i guess u would have tried all this.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.