Problem with PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCI usually doesn't need anything beyond the chipset drivers to operate properly. It's used to interface with the mobo and any attached peripheral components on your system. Your post is very vague. Can you provide some details like any warning or error messages or why you think you are having problems with your PCI bus along with some system specs.

well to make the details i start the computer and it says it found a new hardware a modem pci
but when i try to do it automaticly because i dont have a disk or anything it says it canot be installed because it cant find the software and i dont remember putting anything like that

Right click on my computer and hit properties. Go to the hardware tab and hit the device manager button. When it opens look and see if there is a big yellow question mark or exclamation point by the modem. If there is double click on the modem entry, and go to the driver tab Hit uninstall then apply OK yourself out of there and reboot. Windows should reinstall it automatically. If it doesn't then download and install Everest. Go to devices, them PCI devices. Scroll through the trop window until you fond the modem. Highlight it and write down the info on the bottom window under device properties/device description. Post back and give me the model number of the system and the modem info and I'll try to help you find a driver.

it worked thanks for the help my computer is in spanish but it turned out ok anyways thanxs again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back