Problem with ram and wireless card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technochicken

I just got 2 more gigs of ram, and i installed them, they worked fine, but when i booted windows, I could not get internet. Under the device manager, there was a yellow exclamation mark by my pci wireless adapter. under properties, it said there was a code 10 malfunction- the device could not start. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, to no avail. I took out the 2 new ram sticks and the adapter worked fine. I used both the new ones, without my old ones and it worked fine also. Right now, I am using 1 old and 1 new, and obviously it is working. But it seams that when i pass 3 gigs of ram, my wireless adapter won't start. Any Ideas? I'm baffled.

yes the POST only does show about 3.5 gigs of ram, and vista 3.25, similar to that thread, but I don't mind that. Is there any reason that even 3 gigs, wich is fully registered in both the POST and the OS, would cause my wireless cadlrd to not work? I don't think it is a problem w/ the new ram, since it works fine when by it's self, or one of them paired with one old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back