Problem with RealVNC

By Technochicken
Sep 6, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been using RealVNC server for the last few days, and it has worked great. (i've been using my computer through my ipod touch.) I have set it to launch at startup, but today, when i try to connect, my ipod says i got the wrong password, even though i didn't. So i checked all the VNC settings, and they were fine. When i hover my mouse over the icon in the system tray, it says "VNC server(User):not accepting connections." I can't find a function to make it accept connections, so i can't connect. Does anyone know how to make it start accepting connections again?
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,287   +281

sounds like the firewall is blocking

By default, a VNC server will listen for connections from a VNC viewer on TCP port "5900+N", where N is the "Display Number" (usually just zero). So a VNC server setup for Display-0 will listen on TCP-5900, Display-1 is TCP-5901, etc.​
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.