Problem with Sims 2 & Direct X 9.0c (vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month ago I deleted a lot of unwanted programmes from control panel and during the process I accidently deleted what I thought was an uncessecary programme called "video nvidia v162.22".
Since then a lot of programmes haven't been running and the view of the screen is quite pixelated.
I tried to play The Sims 2 and the message came up as:
Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. This application will now terminate."
I tried to install DirectX 9.0c but nothing happened after I downloaded it.
What should I do? Please speak in simple computer terms as I have no idea what I'm doing.

My OS is Vista.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz 2.33GHz

Not sure if that information will be helpful - but just incase.

Thank you.

The graphics adapter being referred to is your graphics card which appears to be an Nvidia card. You need to install a graphics driver. Go to the Nvidia website, download the one that applies to your card and operating system and install it.

As to the other programs that no longer run, let me gently suggest that you refrain from uninstalling programs if you are not sure what you are uninstalling. You will probably have to reinstall these other programs that you uninstalled by error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back