Problem with the first CSI game

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobardin

Hello all,

I recently purchased the first CSI game. Installed it with no problems, and can play it. The issue I am having is I have big white squares where the characters of the game should be. I have tried looking on ubisoft's support website as well as googling the problem. I noticed that a few people have had the same issue. However, nobody seems to have come up with/found a fix for the issue.

The specs on this laptop are:
WIndows XP Professional SP2
1gig RAM
1.8Ghz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55
Radeon Xpress Series intergrated graphics controller
120GB Toshiba MK1246GSX Hard Drive

Something I did come across is this.
Originally Posted by Support FAQ
Our games require 3D video cards that are new enough to run under DirectX 9. If you have a Geforce or Radeon card purchased within the last five years, our games will probably work! (To find out what video card you have, right-click the desktop and select Properties, then go to the Settings tab. Your video card should be listed here under "Display".)

If you have integrated graphics or an older 3D card, our games might not work for you. A good way to find out is to download the demo version of the game you're interested in buying. If the demo runs okay for you, the game probably will too.

I know it states if you have an intergrated graphics controller the game may not work. However, the game does work and runs fine..it just has white squares where the characters should be. No other video issues..the 360degree panning works great with no bluriness or hesitation and I can see the crime scenes and all.

What is odd is when i am in the interrogation room and am at the final point in a case where the detective makes his point with the evidence I have collected I can see the characters.

I have tried updating my graphics drivers to the latest version, but that didn't help anything. Any insight or opinions on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I still feel that the integrated may have something to do with it. The part where you make your case is most likely a cutscene that is already stored, so your GPU has to do alot less work. The characters face are the most graphically demanding item, and while I have never played the game, I can imagine you can talk to them, so add in the physics with their mouth and facial expressions and I doubt your integrated video can handle that. If updating your drivers did not work, and this is not a common issue with the game, the only other thing that I can suggest is to reinstall the game.

I have been playing the game and have noticed something odd. When I enter the forensics lab the characters in there are normal for a second or 2 then go to the white square boxes(no talking or anything going on). That has also happened in the interrogation room and most of the crime scenes. The characters faces don't move or anything, although they are talking to you. They just stand there like a mannequin for lack of a better term, or even a painting if you will.

I do appreciate your information and am starting to lean toward reinstalling the game. If that doesn't fix it then I may have to return the discs to the place where I bought them and see if they will exchange them (Possibly bad discs, or bad files on the discs) However, if I manage to get the issue resolved I will make sure to post back as to how I did it.

Again, thank you. I do appreciate it. If you think of anything else or come up with anything, please let me know.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Priceless..I am also a Mythbusters fan!!!

*Edit*

I am guessing it was a bad cd or cd's..I went out and got the second CSI game which has much better graphics and it runs with no problems at all..no white boxes or anything. Just thought I'd give an update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back