Problem with VGA/RCA Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This converter comes with all the cables required for use.

i use it so i can display my screen on the tv or my portable projector which both use AV leads.

the problem is that when i plug in the power (which is a 5v USB adapter cable) that my whole system throws a tantrum.

The screen turns off and what sounds like massive static starts coming from the speakers. its hard to explain but if you know what diallup internet sounds like then you get the idea.

when it gets to this stage its impossible to turn off unless you pull the power as none of the power buttons respond. Sometimes the screen and buttons still work but the sound is emitted. turning down the volume is ineffective unless you mute it completely and after 5 - 10 minutes the sound goes away.

Only when the sound has stopped will it detect the VGA plug and so work on the TV.

For this i'm using my Laptop. It seems to work perfectly fine on my Desktop but I wasn't trying to run multiple screens at the time.

On the same laptop I use a FM transmitter but at the time this wasn't plugged in but is still an audio driver.

Does anyone know what the sound is caused by, how to stop it and how to decrease the detection time for my VGA port?

Also, would it be a good idea if i got a mains transformer that provided power to USB devices? or are USB ports variable?

Not particularly helpful.

This is the only one available to me at this time so i wanted a reason...

it seems after 5-10 uses the problem goes away.

Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back