TechSpot

Problem with Vista BSoD

By killu
Sep 28, 2009
  1. Hellow i got this blue screen today and after that my computer got screwed for 20 min. now it works normaly. It was an 1e error this is the mini dump

2. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

I can't read your zip file. What was the BSOD message? Why happened during the 20 mins? You couldn't boot at all or only so far or what? Need more info.

-- Andy

3. killu

killu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

no the computer worked rly slow it took it 10 min to reboot and after that explorer worked slow as hell and got 2 more program not reponding. I was using an external drive on e-sata and was downloading movies.

useing Hp elitebook 8730w notebook and akasa external drive useing seagates barracuda hard drive in it

4. almcneil

You wrote you were donwloading a movie, sound like you're using peer-to-peer filesharing (Limewire, Kazaa, BearShare, .... ) If so, you have massive spyware.

See if you can boot into Safe Mode with Networking. If you can, install/run the following;

o Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    o SuperAntipsyware
    o Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost with results.

-- Andy

5. killu

have nod32 installed and i'm not useing peer to peer. i use utorrent and nothing else.
    Its not a viruse.

6. almcneil

Still, check for spyware if you can using the utilities I listed and report back with results.

-- Andy

7. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 392

Utorrent = Peer to peer

Check event viewer for error code and post

8. killu

Hmm no no events but i think its the e-sata port on my notebook. its a new disk so not rly tested yet and i read that the e-sata drives are not yet all stable. so i tryed updateing intel matrix drivers for sata and e-sata ports

I'll keep tuned. Figured that 1 out because my computer works normaly when i have it pluged in usb

9. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 392

Its a conflict problem. If you unplug all USB devices and plug the esata, does it work? I use esata myself, it works fine.

10. killu

well i updated the intel matrix drivers and it works like a charm now

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.