problem with XP 'run-time errors'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLx/P

Is there an update I need to download? I get the following error message every time I go to OS updates on TS:

A Runtime Error Has Occurred
Do You Wish to Debug?

Line: 79
Error: OBJECT EXPECTED

well, other than that I am not having any other problems with the OS. I just answer 'no' when that message pops up and everything is okay after. And TS is the only website I have noticed this message popping up on.

I have basically the same thing going on, which happens when I go to certain sites. Which I am pretty sure that this is due to the fact that I had Visual C++ and Visual Basic installed which also installed some sort of debugging. Have you installed any programming applications or any applications in general around the time that this started happening?

It just started doing this about 3 days ago. But as I said TS is the only website I have noticed this on. I have not installed any software outside of thmeXP and Y'z. But that was a couple moths ago.

I get the same problem with some sites. Its probably the result of one of microsoft's updates.

It's a script handling error, not an OS error. It could be from an IE update or it could be from code that isn't written properly in the page itself. Try it with mozilla.

I never had these errors until I had installed Visual C++ and Basic though. It happens very rarely though. I know it has something to do with script errors on pages but I think this particular message started appearing due to some debugging installed by Visual C++ or Visual Basic (or both). Normally those kinds of errors are ignored by IE and no error is given.

IE has a debugger that by default should be disabled. Visual Studio install will enable it for some reason, and of course it can be accidently enabled. I seem to recall a certain situation where it was always on, why, I do not know.

To disable IE's debugger, go to tools --> internet options --> advanced

Then check, "Disable Script Debugging"

apply, ok.

See if that clears it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back