Problem with xp sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

complover

Hi
I can't install windows xp sp2 on my laptop and it is causing many problems (i can't download word 2007 etc.) It says I don't have permission or authority or access or something. Can anyone help me?? I need to be able to use this laptop. (I tried over the internet, do I need to get the CD) This is a dell inspiron 1150 (I know its old and cheap, but I use it often for various reasons)

(i can't download word 2007 etc.

As an aside... people who use it seem to hate 2007 and wish could go back to earlier version. Stick with 2003 or other earlier version if you have it. (Gee, kinda sounds like Vista)

Hmm, am I the only one that likes the new office 2007 and its functions/organization?
Anyway, do patch up to SP3, though I'm not sure if it would solve the problem. As sprandel17 mentioned, let us know the error message too.

I dont really hate 2007, I use it at my work all the time its fine you just need to get use to the changes

Hmm.....sounds like mojave

Hmm, am I the only one that likes the new office 2007 and its functions/organization?
Anyway, do patch up to SP3, though I'm not sure if it would solve the problem. As sprandel17 mentioned, let us know the error message too.

I Love Office 2007, and Vista. I think people just hate the notion of relearning the enhanced product, In other words, "it is too much work".

matt1522
Maybe you are having problems receiving or installing MS Updates. Please be more detailed in your description of the problem.

Someone might have set restricions on the notebook preventing you from downloading/installing softwares. Are you log in as the 'administrator'?

Here's what it says:
"access denied"
It goes through about half of the downloading from the icon on the desktop, but then cancels it at this point. Yes I have tried downloading sp3, it says the same thing. I was able to download sp1 off the internet with no problems

Also, I am the adminadstator on my computer.
Could it have something to do with the internet connection? Should I get the disk???

What I had to do is find a download of sp2, do it on another computer then burn it to a disk and install it on the laptop from the disk

i need help this is my first question.i cannot download anything.it tells me that errors found im not sure.but i also cannot play my windows media player.

nymama

I would start another thread and post the exact problem you are having along with computer specs.

with out knowing anything we cannot help you

Okay, that sounds like a good idea. Also, my friend has a disk, and I have had bad luck with burning CD's (blown out 3 cd burners, the bad luck just follows me:) so would the xpsp2 cd work also???

Ok let me make sure

I just want to make sure I have the problem correct you have a laptop that you installed Xp sp1 on now you need to install sp2 but it wont download correctly
on the laptop from the microsoft website.

If that is the problem then what I suggested might work, To answer you question installing sp2 from a cd will work I have done it, as a matter of fact I have a copy of Xp that does not have sp2 so I burned it seperately now when I install it I have to make sure that I install sp2 also because things wont work right if i dont.

I think that there was a upgrade or fix before sp2 came out that included a new version of the installer I think 3.1 if you do not have this you cant upgrade anything. (I know I had this problem once but can't remember specifics)

Also is this a legal copy of XP if not this is another problem you wont be able to use the windows genuine advantage which is what all of their updates go through now including office 2007 ( the genuine advantage software installs automatically and from then on out it when you use the windows update it checks that software)

and you still havent given the exact error message so with the limited info I have there are the only a couple solutions I can come up with. You should copy the entire error message.

i have a dell dim 3100 and i cant dowload anything aswhile as useing my cd. wont play any cd.comp is only 1 year old dont know what to do anyone can help me. im useing windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back